The start of registration for the
Innovative Online 11th Central Asian Leadership Programme on Environment for Sustainable Development
“Building Collective Leadership and Strengthening Environmental
Volunteering for Transboundary Water and Climate Challenges in Central
Asia and Afghanistan in the Context of Strategic Recovery from COVID-19”
In support of “The Year of Volunteers in Kazakhstan”
September 14-18, 2020
Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC)
ALMATY. On June 1, 2020 CAREC launches start of the on-line registration for the online 11th Central Asian Leadership Programme on Environment for Sustainable Development (CALP), which plans to be held in Almaty, Kazakhstan, from 14 to 18 September 2020.
This year, CALP will be organized as an input to the “Year of Volunteers in Kazakhstan”. The collection of applications will continue from June 1, until August 15, 2020. The programme is organized in cooperation with UN Environment Programme, OSCE Programme Office in Nur-Sultan, US Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank and UN Development Program (UNDP).
The 11th CALP will be mainly focused on environmental innovations and transboundary water and climate issues including disaster risk reduction, including the corona virus pandemic and its impact on the development of Central Asia and Afghanistan. The lectures will provide latest innovative solutions to environmental challenges on national, regional, and global levels.
The overarching goals of the 11th CALP are to build collective leadership capacity, strengthen environmental volunteering, expand participants’ networks, increase the role of youth in transboundary water and climate cooperation in Central Asia and Afghanistan, and provide an innovative and action-oriented regional platform for youth dialogue.
Among the CALP participants are representatives of the state, academic and civil society sectors. Separately, it is worth noting that the CALP graduates are actively involved into activities in the field of environmental protection and sustainable development. This contributes to strengthening the role and voice of young professionals in regional cooperation.
We welcome advanced professionals from Central Asia and Afghanistan, working in state, non-governmental, academic and green business sectors. The mandatory condition is a gender balance: 50% of the participants are women.
Participation is free of charge; selection is based on open competition, and for civil servants’ – via official nominations.
Slogan of the 11th CALP: “Advanced mid-level professionals of Central Asia and Afghanistan – for the regional cooperation, environmental leadership and volunteering!”
- Collective Leadership;
- Innovations in the field of environment and sustainable development in Central Asia;
- Volunteering, including environmental volunteering,
- The role of transboundary water cooperation,
- Climate change and sustainable energy,
- Risk reduction of natural disasters, including the corona virus pandemic and opportunities for risk-informed development / risk informed development, green recovery and building back better,
- Nexus approach,
- Role and capabilities of youth in strengthening regional cooperation in Central Asia,¾ Support the development of the policy-makers, researchers, entrepreneurs, and activists of tomorrow.
- “Think globally, act locally, cooperate regionally!”
- Transparency – an online system for registration, all countries are represented in the selection committee; the list of selected candidates is published publicly.
- Environmentally friendly – a web application instead of printing the agenda, all souvenirs are made from environmentally friendly materials.
- Online learning – the activities, greetings and key presentations by international experts will be done remotely via Skype or video presentations,
- Openness – partners from international organizations and programs, financial institutions, civil society organizations and private sector will be given the opportunity to moderate CALP thematic sessions.
- Back-to-back events – the unification of capacity-building events – back-to-back training on IWRM in Kazakh-German University (DKU).
All information about the programme and online registration will be available on the platform http://calp.carececo.org/ from June 1, until July 30, 2020. Online registration will close on August 15, 2020.
For any inquiries please contact us:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/carececo/
Twitter – @recca_carec
#CAREC #CAREC_news #CALP